Although Las Vegas and Atlantic City are synonymous with gambling in the United States, Pennsylvania is a close third. The gambling industry progressed ever since legalization in 2004 and has consistently generated over $3 Million in revenue for the better part of the last decade.
It’s quite an incredible feat when you consider that the amount only comes from physical casinos. The casino industry in Pennsylvania should not be taken lightly either in 2020 or anytime in the near future. Here’s our list of the six best casinos in the state. Visit PAPunter for the most popular PA online gambling sites.
Top 6 Casinos in Pennsylvania
- The Meadows Racetrack and Casino – One of the largest establishments on the East Coast, Meadows is spread over a 350,000 square foot and offers 3300 slot machines for its patrons. The list of entertainment includes several poker machines, a 24-lane bowling center, food court, café, restaurant, and a premier steakhouse with some of the best views of the surroundings.
- Harrah’s Philadelphia – Operated by Caesars Entertainment, Harrah’s Philadelphia is located in Chester, PA and is spread over 100,000 square feet. The property has over 2000 video slots and poker titles on the gaming floor and provides sports betting opportunities to the inclined. Harrah’s is a great place to hang out even if gambling isn’t a primary motive.
- Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course – Offering a little over 2500 slot machines, Hollywood Casino is a full-service establishment offering a wide collection of poker choices. Spread over 100,000 square feet, the property offers an eclectic collection of entertainment options and has all the makings of an ideal nightlife. The casino also offers sports betting services to the locals and is among the most notable establishments in the state.
- Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem – Spread over 139,000 square feet of gaming space, Sands Casino is among the best in Pennsylvania for a couple of reasons. The resort offers patrons an ideal opportunity to catch up on some nightlife. The property has 302 rooms while the 3000 video slot machines and over 200 video poker machines are its primary draw.
- Mohegan Sun Pocono – Located in Wilkes-Barre, Mohegan Sun Pocono checks all the right boxes for gamblers. Spread over 82,000 square feet of space, the property features 238 rooms, 14 restaurants, multiple shopping options, and a racecourse for the guests to revel. The biggest draw, however, is the 2300 slot machines on the gaming floor apart from 90 table games designed to keep the patrons occupied.
- Rivers Casino – Located in the heart of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Rivers Casino’s gaming floor is spread across 120,000 square feet. Hosting 2900 slots and 100 table games including a dedicated 30-table poker room, Rivers Casino is a treat for gambling enthusiasts. Unlike other establishments in the state, Rivers Casino is open 24/7 and is spread over 450,000 square feet of sprawl. The outdoor amphitheater takes care of the guests’ nightlife requirements, while there’s also a nightclub within the property.